Where can I get help?
During emergency events, Clear Lake Police Dispatch will be the primary point of communications for all emergency related communications. Clear Lake Dispatch will have direct communication with the RAGBRAI Steering Committee.
When RAGBRAI operations center determines that an emergency has occurred, or is likely to occur. This plan will establish guidelines to follow. The objective is to first protect RAGBRAI participants and the general public, through communicating the threat, provide shelter and respond to emergency situations.
Weather Related Warnings & Watches
-Police dispatch will activate outdoor warning sirens (tornado or winds over 70 mph) when a warning issued for Clear Lake.
-Entertainment stages will announce details about the weather watch/warning.
- Police vehicle PA’s will be used to announce details of watch/warning at official camp sites.
- Clear Lake Police Facebook page will be updated with emergency information.
- All storm shelters will be opened.
- Cerro Gordo County Emergency Management will assign a first responder volunteer to each shelter that is occupied, while open.
- An all clear message will be delivered on entertainment stages, police vehicle PA’s and on the Clear Lake Police Facebook page.
Clear Lake High School 125 N 20th Street
Clear Creek Elementary 901 S 14th Street
The Dock 500 Main Avenue
Clear Lake City Hall Community Room 15 N 6th Street
VFW 219 Main Avenue
Serta Mattress Factory 500 S 17th Street
Zion Lutheran Church 112 N 4th Street
Non-Weather Related Emergency
In the event of a non-weather related emergency, defined as an event resulting multiple people injured, or an event that has the potential to create multiple injuries…
-The area will be secured, to prevent additional victims, keep the general public away from danger, and to provide adequate space for emergency personal to work.
- Information will be forwarded from command to the steering committee for public release.
If the emergency is deemed by scene command to have the potential to be a prolonged incident requiring additional allocation of resources, an emergency operations center will be established at a designated location or at the Clear Lake Police Department at the direction of the Chief of Police or Fire Chief.
The public will be encouraged to stay away from a scene while it is active.
Clear Lake Police Dispatch will document all events and actions taken during an emergency event.